I kept saying I’d do this, and finally I have got around to it! Thanks Mitch for my first ever blog award nomination!! I feel all grown up now!
- Use the logo and list the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself (see below)
- Answer the questions you were asked (see belower)
- Nominate other blogs and notify them (see belowerer)
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question
Three things about me:
I like parties when they’re over, that’s when I can finally relax and enjoy them.
I’m a sucker for games with expansions. The more the merrier.
I just bought a new shaft for my pool cue. I didn’t need it, but it is my first indulgence since getting a new job, and it is 1 inch longer than the old one. I’m going to find out if size matters in a shaft. I’ve just realized that this too is a form of expansion for my pool game. I’ll be here all day…
The questions I was asked:
1) What moment or choice in your past do you wish you could undo? Mitch, this is a doozy! Never believe anyone who says I regret nothing, or I have no regrets. They will be lying, deluded, or dangerously incurious about their own lives as lived. Edith Piaf and Frank Sinatra may have sung prettily, but they have a lot to answer for in helping to promote a culture of no regrets. At least Frank (I believe) didn’t much like that line in his song. If I could turn back time (Cher) to undo moments and choices I’d break the dial. But I can’t, so am forced to go on, living with the things I cannot change, and vowing to do/be better. That’s Frank again, but I don’t hold that against him!
2) Funniest movie/s you ever saw? South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut. There’s a lot of story behind it, with some regrets liberally sprinkled in, but it was an incredible release in a bad time. It isn’t as funny on a rewatch. You had to be there. I laughed until I cried and couldn’t breathe, regrouped for a while, then got hit by the next comic avalanche. The first Hangover movie was a hilarious breath of fresh air too, with no associated regrets! (Apart from watching the next two, and seeing the magic die…)
3) Greatest song/s you’ve ever heard? I’ve already mentioned this online and so will never use it as a security question or answer on anything. Gates of Babylon by Rainbow is simply the greatest song ever written or performed. It completely changed my twelve year old life. I do regret that it has led to my present day deafness though.
4) Greatest truth you’ve ever learned? That it’s a long way to the top, if you want to rock’n’roll.
5) What are the last words you want to hear before dying, and/or the first words you want to hear after dying? “Look away from the sea, I can take you anywhere…” OR “Wake up.” Before or after is fine.
Nominate Other Blogs:
These are folk with tales worth telling, perspectives worth sharing. There are so many more, but these will do for today!
JM Williams : http://jmwilliams.site/
Educated Unemployed Indian https://educatedunemployedindian.com/
Life of Chaz https://lifeofchaz.com/
The Lily Café https://thelilycafe.wordpress.com/
Choices in error https://erroneouschoices.wordpress.com/
Dirty Sci-fi Buddha https://dirtyscifibuddha.com/
Jennifer M Zeiger https://jennifermzeiger.wordpress.com/
An Author’s Travails https://anauthorstravails.wordpress.com/
The Darkest Tunnel https://thedarkesttunnel.wordpress.com/
Dread Poets Sobriety https://dreadpoetssobriety.com/
Unbolt Me https://unbolt.me/
Morgan Hazelwood https://morganhazelwood.com/
Five questions for my nominees:
1) What journey has made the longest lasting impression on you?
2) Which book, if any, has most completely transported you into another world, or another person’s experience?
3) What is your favourite thing about home?
4) What smell, if any, transports you back to childhood?
5) Do you put your pants on one leg at a time?
5 thoughts on “Mystery Blogger Award”
Thanks for the nomination Roddy! I enjoyed reading the answers that you came up for your own nomination as well.
Thanks Chaz! Those were well chosen questions by Mitch!
Thank you ❤️